Competitive, Fun, Local
Recreational Select is a program designed for players interested in a fun and competitive soccer program with less cost, travel and commitment than club soccer.
Passionate Volunteer Parent Coaches
Practices are typically held at a local school twice per week. Soccer is a team sport and players are expected to attend and participate in each practice. This is where the learning takes place. Games are for applying what players have learned.
The purpose of the FCYSL is to encourage, to promote and to foster the growth of and appreciation for the game of soccer by providing opportunities for the youth of member programs to participate in organized soccer.
FCYSL is affiliated with MSYSA, USYSA, USSF and FIFA.
Home games are played at Windsor Knolls MS, Oakdale ES, LOUYAA Park, Oakdale MS and Old National Pike Park #4. Away games very across Frederick County, depending on the home team’s game field.
Rec Program Details
- This program is for U9-U15 players that have basic knowledge of soccer skills and rules of the game. The program allows the player to experience the excitement of competition while having fun.
- Players will continue to build and improve their soccer skills while enhancing their physical fitness.
- All players purchase a uniform.
- Teams will play in Frederick County Youth Soccer League (FCYSL), teams are odd years (U9, U11, U13 & U15). Teams playing in FCYSL are grouped by boys, girls and co-ed teams in two year age brackets. Within the age brackets there are typically 4 divisions, with D-1 being the most competitive and physically demanding.
- Games are scheduled throughout Frederick County and are officiated by licensed referees.
- All normally scheduled games take place on Saturdays, with possible Sunday games.
- Coaches and assistants stay on the sidelines with their team during games. Parents sit on the opposite sideline and are expected to be positive influences during games and practices.
LOUYAA ALLIANCE REC SOCCER MISSION
Provide well-organized soccer recreation appropriately structured to accommodate any level of play commensurate with our players individual ability, potential, and interest and promote a positive youth sports culture.
LOUYAA ALLIANCE REC SOCCER VISION
A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete is coached using the principals of positive coaching has fun playing the game, feels like an important part of the team regardless of performance, learns “sportsmanship” beyond the playing field and learns the skills, tactics and strategies of the game while improving as a player.